Help, Be a Hero for Kids!
by Margaret Krohn on March 29th, 2012

Interwebs, I need YOUR help!

After my first run with Extra Life where I did a 50 hour marathon of gaming LIVE! I thought it'd be a great idea to subject my body to it all over again. This time around, I think I'm going to stick with just 24 hours, but I'll still be streaming live on October 20th, 2012.
"What's Extra Life," you ask? Oh, yeah! It's a charity event where people can sign up and game for donations that go towards helping local children's hospitals. You get people to basically sponsor your gaming session and then you game. Hopefully, everyone can donate a dollar and if you're really feeling giving, you can donate a dollar for every hour of gaming, so $24 dollars! You can even make a monthly donation because the donations don't stop till after October 20th, 2012, so donate to your heart's content.

Remember, ALL PROCEEDS go towards helping kids and your donations are 100% tax-deductable! Last year, I was able to raise over $1,500. I'm hoping I can exceed that goal and make it to $2,000.

I can't do this without your help though. Please, follow this link >here< and click the "Support This Participant". I would truly appreciate it and so will all the wonderful kids who are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosios and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

<3 x 9001,

/Mags

Posted in Blog    Tagged with Extra Life, Charity, Gaming, Gaming for Charity

10 Comments

MarthKoopa - March 30th, 2012 at 1:02 AM
I would donate $1000 if you speedrun the entirety of Mega Man.

This would be: Mega Man 1 through 10, including MM
Margaret Krohn - March 30th, 2012 at 1:04 AM
I could definitely attempt it, but Mega Man is some sick shii and I haven't played it in SO long. D: It'd probably end up being a "turtlerun". Lol.
MarthKoopa - March 30th, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Well the formatting on my comment got royally messed up and most of the post got chopped off, what's up with that?! How embarassing /noobcommenter
Margaret Krohn - March 30th, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Hmm...Not sure. I'll look into the comment issue. Le sigh. The site is fairly new, so I haven't fleshed out all the bugs yet. =]
Margaret Krohn - March 30th, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Hey! Can you let me know what your original post said? Did you copy and paste it from another location. If so, what? Thanks! This will help me figure out what's going on with the comment eating monster.
MarthKoopa - March 30th, 2012 at 11:33 PM
I typed it, no copying. 3 sentences, each on their own line after hitting enter (probably a bad habit). Second line got cut off at the ampersand in "MM
MarthKoopa - March 30th, 2012 at 11:35 PM
k well it's obvious it's the ampersand's fault

And I'm really only joking.... I would donate a little extra if you did a Mega Man speedrun though, as I enjoy watching how other people go about doing it and the differences between times. If you know what you're doing, it's really only half an hour to an hour depending on your skill level. Mega Man 10 is the best!
Margaret Krohn - March 31st, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Thanks and I'll see what I can do. I'll be in Vegas when I do this livestream. Probably doing some stuff SOE live style, but I may be able to find some time to do a Mega Man run through. =]
Arlee Bird - April 1st, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Stopped by for your "A" post for the A to Z Challenge. Guess I'll have to come back. It may take a while since I'm trying to make it to all the blogs on the list.

Have a great April!
Margaret Krohn - April 1st, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Hey Arlee!

I just woke up. It'll be up in a few minutes here. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find time to come back and read it. =]