Should I...
by Margaret Krohn on April 4th, 2012

"D" is for decisions. I've had to make a lot of these throughout my life so far. For me, I've always wondered what would have happened if I had made the wrong choice or a different choice? What path would my life be on now?
Does anyone else ever think about the different decisions they've made and where things could have taken them? Where would you be if you took a different path? I could be working as an administrator in a hospital now, possibly a singer and musician in a band or maybe an author of poetry and books! There are so many places I could be if I had just made a different turn.

So I'm curious. Where could you be? What choices and decisions have you had to make?

<3 x 9001,

/Maggie

Posted in Blog    Tagged with Blog, A-Z Challenge, Decisions

8 Comments

K.T. Hanna - April 4th, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Even though I wish I'd made different decisions when I was a teenager (and then my early twenties - regards to ballet and finishing my law degree instead of abandoning it), I love where I am in life right now. So... I think overall - I'm fine with where I am now
Margaret Krohn - April 4th, 2012 at 5:28 PM
I'm glad that you're happy with where you are. You could still do some more ballet and go back to school to get your law degree. =] You don't have to regret not doing those things. I'm excited to read your book. I can't wait and super proud of you lady!
Wes - April 4th, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Hmm...Thought provoking.

I suppose it depends on if you think that choices you've made could have gone another way.

Since I became an adult, I've always lived by "Whatever choices I make are the right ones." I am where I am because I chose not to believe in anything other than what I deicde.

Sure, I had a choice to make when I decided to become a writer, but for me, there was no alternative, only what I wanted to do.

Does that make sense or does it make me sound conceited?

/Wes
Margaret Krohn - April 4th, 2012 at 5:31 PM
I'd like to agree with you that the choices we make should never really feel like they are the "wrong" choices. I mean, you are where you are at this point because you want to be. If you don't, change your path! =] Life is pretty awesome like that. I more so just thought it was interesting to see where people thought they would have gone with their life and what opportunities they took and left behind to get to where they are. Pretty crazy and also intriguing at the same time.
Jihel - April 4th, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Choices ?

If I had chosen the right numbers of the lottery I would be rich. But I'm not.

Seriously, I would have been able to continue my studies and I would be a video game developper right now. But nope, I quitted them to focus on one of my dream, beeing a cop. Result ? I failed at the last test. Well I have a job now. The job itself is not good, but I work with awesome people, even my boss is the best. That guy has a golden heart.

But I don't feel at my place. I don't feel complete. I know I'm still young but if it continues like that I can't imagine the level of "boringness" (is that right ?) of my life.

So right now I'm saving as much money as I can and waiting until the good day comes for executing my plans. Don't ask me to explain its CLASSIFIED.
Margaret Krohn - April 4th, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Sounds like you need to really work on this new plan of yours. I hope you can save up the money and get to where you feel great about your life and your accomplishments. It's always up to you to seriously push your way to where you want to go. No one else will care about you as much you care about you. =]
Rob D - February 7th, 2014 at 5:44 AM
I think it's healthy for people to reflect on the choices they've made and how other choices might have panned out, if only to gain a better understanding of where you were as a person at different stages of life.

Like one of my favorite "RENT" songs, I believe you should "forget regret, or life is yours to miss".

I've made so many choices in my almost 3 decades in this life, that could have drastically impacted the course of it.

Ultimately I am happy with where I am at so far though, the wisdom i've gained is priceless to me and I would not be the same person I am today if I had made different choices.

I could have pursued medical school, I could be married living in canada, I could be a chess master.

Instead i'm a gamer/movie/tv/anime/sports buff who has mastered the art of mastering things in an extremely unorthodox manner YAY!

Margaret Krohn - February 7th, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I think you hit the main point Rob D - happiness. No matter what decision you chose and what path you followed, the key is that you're hopefully happy with that.

I know I am, but for those who aren't...I don't think it's too late. I think they can still go for it! Sway those sails and pave a new path! =)

Thanks for commenting and stopping by my site! I love that people really got into this post in particular. It's always interesting to see what life choices others have made and where they think they would have been or currently are. :)