Be a Hero IRL
by Margaret Krohn on September 29th, 2013

Hello internet!

I need your help! I'll be participating in Extra Life 2013 on November 2nd! This will be my third year participating in the Extra Life charity event. I'll be playing games LIVE for 25 hour straight to help save kids!
"What's Extra Life," you ask? Oh, yeah! It's a charity event where people can sign up and play games for donations that go towards helping local children's hospitals. You get people to basically sponsor your gaming session and then you game.

Hopefully, everyone can donate a dollar and if you're really feeling giving, you can donate a dollar for every hour of gaming, so $25 dollars! You can even make a weekly donation because every dollar counts. If you can't donate, don't worry! Just having your support is great! Hang out and chat with me during the livestream and help promote my participation!

Remember, ALL PROCEEDS go towards helping kids and your donations are 100% tax-deductible! Last year, I was able to raise over $1,400. I'm hoping I can exceed that goal and make it to $2,000.

I can't do this without your help though. Please, follow this link >here< and click the "Support Me" button. I would truly appreciate it and so will all the wonderful kids who are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis and injuries from accidents to name just a few.

Victoria Enmon is the inspiration behind Extra Life. After watching her story, you won't be able to not be a part of this great charity event! :)

<3 x 9001,

Mags

P.S: If you have any suggestions on games you'd like me to play, toss those in the comments below! =D

Posted in not categorized    Tagged with Extra Life, Charity, Gaming, Gaming for Charity

8 Comments

Sam Mcguire - September 29th, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Terraria would be fun. Do you have a list of games we could pick from if it wouldn't be to much trouble?
Margaret Krohn - September 29th, 2013 at 4:08 PM
I might play Terraria. Could start a new server for funzies with the viewers. :)

As far as list of games, people can suggest games and I'll let them know if I own it or am willing to purchase it.
Sam Mcguire - September 29th, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Sacred 2: ice and blood is a fun game if you like RPGs.
Command and Conquer 3 and above is also a fun game.
I'm not sure if you're a Mass Effect player but that would be cool too.
Margaret Krohn - September 30th, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Some of those I have. Others I don't. We'll see what others think. I might pick'em up if so. ;)

I'm a huge fan of Mass Effect, so I'd definitely be up for that though. (I have played through that whole series on my stream before. Hehe.)
Sam Mcguire - September 30th, 2013 at 12:30 PM
I know that Terraria, PS2. and if you were going to do Mass Effect 3 those are online multiplayer. I haven't played Mass Effect in a long time especially ME3 MP. I used to play that all the time until I switched to PS2. We could be Krogan and butt heads together lol.

I think these might be your best bet to get views and people to join in. The others might be good if you wanted to take a break from the multiplayer.

I'm up to whatever you are.

I would like to play and stream with you but not sure if I'll be able to yet. I'll have to see how much lag or anything there will be.
Reese "Neurotoxin" Holland - September 29th, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Woot, glad you are participating again this year!

Here are some suggestions of games to play during the stream, and I'd definitely join you for any or all of them!

PlanetSide 2, try to form a Medics Only platoon and get in a Bio Lab battle!

Realm of the Mad God for some hyper micro-MMO action.

Terraria. We can build a clinic in-game!!

Torchlight II Veteran / Hardcore run. I'll roll an Engineer!

Forsaken Planet for a fast-paced MOBA that is working its way to every platform. No blood or gore, but things to get turned into chickens. (Free game)

If you'd be interested in trying out a couple of my previous projects during the stream (which can be found in browsers):

Dual Input Gallery for some challenging coordination-based shooting. Tough, but good for anyone who wants to improve their hand-eye coordination, object tracking, and reflexes. I originally designed with some intent to use it for folks needing to rehabilitate after an injury or condition that affected their physical abilities. Appropriate for all audiences.

Ultra Profanity Shooter for some crude NSFW humor (also the last game I made in Flash before switching tools). No blood or violence, just profanity. One quick play-through is enough to get the idea. :P
Margaret Krohn - September 30th, 2013 at 11:53 AM
Lots of good suggestions in here. :D

I'll have to figure out how I want to distribute my game time. Hehe. Out of all of those, is there one or two that you REALLY want to play or see? :)
Reese "Neurotoxin" Holland - October 1st, 2013 at 7:57 PM
I'd love to join you for a Torchlight II Veteran / Hardcore run, and with one extra challenge factor: No hand-me-down gear, doing the entire run (or however far it goes) from scratch.

Terraria could be a lot of fun too, especially with the new features that hit today1

I doubt both my own projects listed would take more than 20 minutes to play (one "World" of Dual Input Gallery is enough to demonstrate the concept) so that could be used as filler between two bigger games.

I'm looking forward to the marathon!